Petronas Tower 1
Structure in General
- The architectural and engineering team was chosen on the basis of its experience with the Miglin-Beitler Skyneedle, a world's-tallest proposal from Chicago with a narrow concrete structure that was very similar to the Petronas design.
- From 1996 to 2003 this tower shared the world's tallest building title with Petronas Tower 2.
- The two towers have a total of 76 lifts, including 29 double-decker high speed passenger lifts in each tower. Each double-decker elevator can carry 26 persons.
- The security system includes a card access and alarm monitoring system, closed circuit television, a voice intercom, and a photo ID system.
- The total construction costs for the two Petronas Twin Towers amount to $1,600,000,000.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
electrical connections, landscape architect, structural engineering, consultant, acoustics consultant, glass supplier, lighting consultant, civil engineering, damper consultant, formwork supplier, facade consultant, fire protection engineering, wind surveyor, facade supplier, developer, construction company, tenant, owner, HVAC supplier, elevator supplier, geotechnical engineering, damper supplier, MEP engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Floodlighting at night
- Skybridge link to next building