Structure in general
commercial office theater/opera
- The building's fourteen setbacks are reminiscent of a "para"mountain and the building top with the stylized globe and clock is illuminated at night.
- The setback below the clock faces is flanked by three-story tall scrolls, making the whole look like a gigantic desk clock.
- The ornamentation reflects the glamour of the movie business of the Paramount Company.
- At night, the setbacks are spotlit to form the classic wedding-cake tiers of a New York building floating above Broadway.
- The theater was closed in 1967.
- The building housed the Paramount Theater, with a seating capacity of 3,664.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Features & Amenities
- City landmark
- Clock(s) displayed on the outside
- Floodlighting at night