Structure in General
- The former hospital renovation cost over $40 million.
- The 1932 Art Deco Marine Hospital closed in 1987 and Amazon renovated saving the classic structure as well as creating a unique Dot.com corporate center for the company.
- Landmark status was granted on January 31, 1992 following a 9-0 vote.
- Urban Land Institute 2000 Award for Excellence.
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- The base of the tower is located on Beacon Hill at an elevation of 350 feet above sea level.
- The Marine facility opened with 312 beds in 1933, although the building was completed in late 1932.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
civil engineering, client, construction company, developer, electrical engineering, general contractor, mechanical engineering, owner, parking management, property management, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark