Structure in general
- Overseas Union Bank Center is one of three 280 metres tall buildings in Singapore. 280 metres is the maximum height permitted by the National Aviation Authority.
- The building consists of 2 triangular structures with a small space between them.
- The steel frame allows for column-free office space.
- The floor system is of reinforced concrete slab composite with a ribbed steel deck.
- A car park, retail areas, and a link to the subway system can be found below ground.
- The tower is cladded by chemically treated aluminium alloy which changes colour along with the light it reflects.
- Square and circular designs perforate the building's facade, etched by a grid pattern of rectangles and window units.
- The dramatic entrance is presented by a 8-storey high cutaway, coupled with skylights and other lighting effects to create an airy feel.
- Tallest building in Asia from 1985 to 1989, when the Bank of China Tower was built in Hong Kong.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
General contractor, Foundation company, Excavation company, Elevator supplier, Structural engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Developer, Client, Steel supplier, Project management, Wind surveyor, Parking management
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark