One South Wacker
Structure in General
- The building's form recalls the spirit of a gothic cathedral, with buttress-like setbacks and arch patterns in black glass.
- One of Chicago's most unusual skyscrapers, designed by Helmut Jahn.
- The 3 upper sections of pink glass on the west façade cover small private atriums.
- The lobby connects Wacker Drive and Madison Street, and is unusual for its dark black color. Helmut Jahn's original design was altered in a remodeling project around 2000.
- The building used to command a clear view from the North Branch of the Chicago River, and was shown on many postcards from this angle until UBS Tower was built to the north.
- Has an all-glass curtain wall in three colors: black, silver, and pink.
- Featured in the Daft Punk music video "Burnin" - a loose take on the film "Towering Inferno".
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, MEP engineering, owner, property management, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- Exercise facility is available