One Astor Plaza
Structure in General
- Replaced the Astor Hotel, one of Times Square's most famous hotels.
- The corner pylons double as mechanical equipment shafts.
- Set on a base housing the theater and retail spaces, the tower of the Viacom building is positioned to the back of the plot and has a facade of black glass.
- Originally known as the W.T. Grant Building, there used to be a "Grants" logo perched on the crown.
- There is a north-south through-building arcade, which also acts as the entrance to the building's musical theater.
- The top of the building has white stone facing and eccentric crownlike spikes at the roof corners, making it easily recognizable on the skyline.
- One Astor Plaza also houses the MTV Studios (music channel).
- Headquarters of Viacom.
- Minskoff Theatre is part of One Astor Plaza. The 1621-seat venue, designed by architects Kahn and Jacobs, is on the third floor of the office tower.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, owner, parking management, tenant