Structure in General
- No. 1 Deansgate is both the UK's tallest all-steel residential building and the first building in Manchester to house a £2m property; this honour goes to the duplex penthouse on the 16th & 17th floors.
- Along with the world's largest Marks & Spencer's store and other new retail space, No.1 Deansgate is part of an urban regeneration project to rebuild The Shambles after it was devastated by an IRA bomb attack.
- The 14 residential floors are held above the retail podium by struts that create a glazed 2-storey foyer to the apartments above.
- The tower is raised by a raking transfer structure which cantilevers out from the two-storey retail podium.
- Apartments have access to a partial external space which is formed between the outer and inner skins of the glass cladding which unlike open balconies, insulates against noise and reduces energy consumption.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Also recorded for this building:
consultant, developer, facade supplier, project management, structural engineering