Structure in general
- The building opened in February 2002. It was scheduled to open in October 2001, but this was delayed by the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center.
- Millennium Point is located on the northern edge of Battery Park.
- The entire structure rests on six hundred 200-ton piles, which extend through fill and bear directly on the bedrock.
- New York's Skyscraper Museum occupies a small space on the first floor of the building.
- A restaurant is located on the 14th floor.
- Millennium Point contains the Ritz-Carlton Downtown, one of New York's five-star hotels.
- The building was conspicuous to New Yorkers during its construction when a "Go Yankees!" banner hung high on the metal frame during major league baseball's Subway Series in 2000.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Structural engineering, Landscape architect, Developer, Property management, Interior designer, Heating installation, MEP engineering, Geotechnical engineering, Construction company, Owner, Foundation company, Facade consultant, Plumbing contractor, Facade maintenance system installation