Structure in General
- First catenary support building anywhere.
- This building was the second home of the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve Bank. A new mid-rise Federal Reserve Building was constructed in the mid-1990s.
- A large addition to the east and a renovation of the existing structure was designed by Walsh Bishop Associates and constructed from 2000 to 2002.
- The building is connected to the ING Reliastar 111 Building by a skyway bridging Marquette Avenue.
- The Minneapolis Public Library occupied 100,000 square feet from August 2002 - December 2005 while constructing a new Minneapolis Central Library, 2 blocks to the south and west, designed by Cesar Pelli & Associates Architects.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, consultant, elevator supplier, energy consultant, escalator supplier, excavation company, financing, general contractor, landscape architect, MEP engineering, owner, parking management, shell construction, steel supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Public parking is available