Mark O. Hatfield US Courthouse
Structure in general
- There is a public observation area on the 9th floor.
- Nicknamed the "Schick Razor Building".
- The building features 15 courtrooms.
- The 16-story tower contains the courtrooms and chambers while an 8-story sidecar accommodates ancillary offices and library facilities.
- The tower is organized in a 2 courtrooms-per-floor in order to eliminate the long and dark corridors often associated with large courthouses.
- In 1997-1998, the building exceeded the Oregon's Energy Code by 29%.
- The building was designed to meet the U.S. Court's space needs until the year 2020.
- The offices on the fifth, sixth and seventh floor were designed with high ceilings in case more courthouse were needed.
- The nickname "Schick Razor Building" comes from the design of the overhanging roof.
- The building was named after Senator Mark O. Hatfield of Oregon.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Construction company, Owner, Facility management, Elevator supplier, Facade consultant, Facade maintenance system supplier, Structural engineering, General contractor, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering