Manitoba Hydro Tower
Structure in General
- The building is being designed with the goal of being the most energy-efficient building of its size in North America, if not the world, consuming 60% less energy than prescribed in the national code for buildings.
- Developers intend to achieve the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification, currently only held by 16 buildings in Canada.
- Will be 100% cooled and 50% heated by a geothermal system.
- Will reuse 90% of building materials from existing buildings demolished on the site.
- Number of occupants: 1800, both Hydro and private tenants.
- Top of the structure is a solar chimney.
- Features a double facade, which creates a buffer between the office and outside environments, allowing for more natural ventilation through the north and south atria.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
civil engineering, crane supplier (construction), electrical engineering, environmental consultant, facade maintenance system supplier, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, glass supplier, landscape architect, lighting consultant, mechanical engineering, quantity surveyor, structural engineering, wind surveyor