Structure in General
- The Landmark Center is owned and operated by Ramsey County and houses several non-profit performing and visual arts agencies.
- Native son Cass Gilbert served as construction superintendent for part of the building. His offer to design the building was rejected and instead given to the Office of the Supervising Architect of the United States Treasury.
- Named a National Historic Landmark in 1978, the Old Federal Courts Building was the site of many trials of 1930s era gangsters, including Machine Gun Kelly, Ma Barker, and John Dillinger.
- Located directly across Market Street from Landmark Plaza. This park honors native son Charles Schultz with bronze statues of characters from his much-loved comic strip "Peanuts".
- The renovation architects were recognized with an Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects in 1980.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
- Brooks Cavin
- Collaborative Design Group, Inc.
- Perry, Dean, Stahl & Rogers
- Winsor/Faricy Architects, Inc.
Also recorded for this building:
construction auditing, elevator supplier, general contractor
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark
- Atrium is present
- Clock(s) displayed on the outside
- Light court is present