KOIN Tower, King Kong Building
Structure in general
residential condominium commercial office
- The KOIN Center includes offices on floors 4-19 with 48 luxury apartments on the upper 11 floors.
- KOIN-TV has its studios here with a webcam on top.
- The building does not have a 13th floor.
- Nicknamed "The Mechanical Pencil".
- The building consists of 23,000 square-feet of retail and other space on the first three levels, floors 4 through 19 consist of 324,000 square-feet of office space and 44 condominiums on the uppermost 11 floors.
- Additionally, approximately 68,000 square-feet are used for studios and broadcast facilities.
- The building's interior finishes include; Italian marble floors and walls, aluminum doors and custom-designed chandeliers.
- Typical floor size is approximately 18,000 square-feet.
- The centralized ventilation is distributed on each floor using a variable air volume system.
- The building electrical rooms on each floor feature six watts per square-foot.
- The building has won Toby Office Building of the Year Award, Best Building Between 249,000-500,000 SF, Regional BOMA in 1998, and AIA Honor Award in 1985.
- In 2004, Regal Cinemas shutdown the 6-screen cinema after 19 years in operation.
- The Columbia Street entrance features a dramatic 23'-6" tall ceiling.
- The building occupies a full block.
- The building has a total of 9 elevators; five serve the office floors, two serve the parking garage, and the last two the condominiums.
- In July 2007, CommonWealth Partners of Los Angeles purchased the first 19 floors for $108 million. The purchase price included two additional building sites for slated possible office and residential high-rises.
- The building was acquired by the Louis Dreyfus Property Group and Benenson Capital Co. in December 1993.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
222 SW Columbia Street
Also recorded for this building:
Developer, Owner, Property management, Facade consultant, Investor, Tenant