Structure in General
- This was the tallest building between Chicago and New York City until the Comcast Center in Philadelphia was topped out in 2007.
- Philip Johnson bid on this project but lost out to Cesar Pelli (see concept model photo in this building's photo files).
- Key Tower's steel skeleton surpassed the height of the flagpole on Terminal Tower the week of November 26, 1990 making it the tallest building in Ohio.
- The Key Tower looks very similar to the rejected first proposal presented by Pelli of the Wells Fargo Center (then called Norwest Tower), which was built 3 years earlier in Minneapolis.
- The design is also similar to the unbuilt Society Center in Hartford, Connecticut.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
architectural metalwork supplier, concrete supplier, construction company, consultant, developer, electrical contractor, electrical engineering, elevator supplier, excavation company, facade designer, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, general contractor, interior designer, mechanical systems installation, owner, parking management, property management, shell construction, steel supplier, structural engineering, tenant