John Hancock Building
Structure in General
- Tallest building completed during the 1940's.
- In the summer, the beacon flashing red indicates that the Red Sox (baseball) team has had a game postponed due to rain.
- In 2004, when the Red Sox won the World Series for the first time in 86 years, the beacon flashed red and blue - the only time it has ever done so.
- A beacon on the top of the building can be lit either red or blue, and can be solid or flashing. Every three hours, it is lit to show the predicted weather for the next three hours.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
facade supplier, general contractor, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- Ornamental illumination is installed