Indiana Michigan Power Center
Structure in General
- This is the tallest reinforced concrete building in Indiana.
- One Summit Square is the tallest building in Indiana outside of Indianapolis.
- The initial proposal called for three glass and steel towers. Due to the economic conditions of the late 1970s, the project was scaled down and redesigned.
- The original contractor was fired in the middle of construction, delaying completion by two years.
- The elevators are housed in a separate, adjoining tower, increasing the size of the typical floorplates.
- The Wolf Dessauer Department Store, Murphy's Department Store, and the People's Trust & Savings Bank Building formerly stood on this site.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, mechanical systems installation, owner