the Hotel Van
Structure in General
- The hotel opened July, 1916.
- Site was a parking lot for twenty years (1949-1969).
- This was the second Hotel Vancouver and before demolition it was empty for ten years except to house troops during WWII.
- Winston Churchill, Sarah Bernhardt, Babe Ruth, Ethel Barrymore, Pavlova all stayed here.
- Architectural style is technically Italian Renaissance.
- Replaced by Pacific Centre and the TD Tower.
- Moved in 1939 to today's site just two blocks west.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
700 West Georgia Street between Granville and Howe streets
Also recorded for this building: