Blue Cross-Blue Shield Building, Adam's Mark Hotel Downtown
Structure in General
- A major expansion was announced in late 1988 by the developers of the Market Tower, located directly across Illinois Street. Called the Mansur Center, it would have entailed a vertical expansion up to 40 floors and an enlarged floorplate.
- The hotel was reflagged as the Hilton Indianapolis in August 2004.
- The building was vacant for much of the last half of the 1990's before undergoing an extensive renovation and reopening in May 2000 as a new Adam's Mark Hotel.
- This site was originally home to the Traction Terminal Building, a 10 story office building and vaulted shelter for Interurban trains.
- The Hilton Indianapolis has been the tallest hotel in the city until 2011.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
102-128 West Market Street
100-130 North Illinois Street
120 West Market Street
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, electrical engineering, fire protection engineering, general contractor, lighting consultant, owner, tenant