Structure in general
- The building's foundation required a mat pour that involved 7,500 cubic yards of concrete poured over the span of approximately 14 hours.
- The building originally comprised 31 stories and 630,000 square feet but was later expanded to include more office space when the attached parking garage was moved to an adjacent block.
- Hess Tower is connected by two skybridges to Hess Tower Garage on the north and 5 Houston Center on the west.
- Hess Tower was designed to achieve a LEED gold rating with the incorporation of a number of environmentally sound features, including the installation of 10 small wind turbines atop the building's crown.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Structural engineering, General contractor, Developer, Consultancy, Financing, Shell construction, Concrete supplier, Cooling installation, Glass supplier, Formwork supplier, Crane supplier (construction), Rebar supplier, Mechanical engineering, Foundation company, Architectural model making, Real estate agent, Fire protection engineering, Elevator supplier, Owner, Interior designer, Facade installation, Communications engineering
Features & Amenities
- Green roof is present
- Plaza is available to the public
- Skybridge link to next building
- Sunshading devices are built in
- Wind turbines are present