Gas Company Tower
Structure in General
- The lead architect on this building was SOM's Richard Keating, architect of Wells Fargo Plaza in Houston and JP Morgan Chase Tower in Dallas.
- Visitors enter through the building's dramatic three-level lobby which features a decor made of stone, aluminum and wood.
- Both the Biltmore Garage and the San Carlos Hotel formerly occupied this site.
- The building was the setting of the beginning scene of the movie "Speed".
- Each regular floor has a floor area of 2670 m² (28 739 square feet).
- This building won numerous awards like the Merit Award (1992) by the California Council of the American Institute of Architects and the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce "Beautification Award" (1994).
- The mural ‘Dusk’ (one of the largest in the world) is painted on the walls of the adjacent building.
- There is about 300 000 square feet (27 871 m²) parking garage available.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, environmental consultant, facade supplier, general contractor, interior designer, investment advisor, mechanical engineering, owner, property management, tenant
Features & Amenities
- Helipad is available