Four World Trade Center
Structure in General
- The first office floor of the building begins 139 feet above street level.
- The tower will include two underground levels of retail space, as well as a connection to the central PATH station.
- According to Maki, the building's architect, 'the building's restrained design provides somber reverence to the memorial and respects the other WTC buildings by not drawing excessive attention to itself'.
- Although building-specific site preparation began in January 2008, the building entered its official construction phase in September when the first concrete foundations were poured.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows bring in a maximum of natural daylight.
- Fresh air is drawn from the top of the building and filtered. Occupants can control their own climate, and energy costs are reduced.
- The building's sustainable design reduces its carbon footprint, saves energy and water,
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
architectural model making, developer, glass supplier, landscape architect, master plan architect, MEP engineering, structural engineering