Structure in General
- The building was imploded on the morning of January 25, 2004, the first implosion of a high-rise building in the city of New Orleans.
- This was the only high-rise building in New Orleans located on the West Bank of the Mississippi River.
- The highrise is named in honor of William J. Fischer, a former HANO chairman who served during the 1950s.
- The first lease for the highrise was signed in March 1966.
- The demolition was a $1.1 million federally financed implosion.
- HANO plans to replace the highrise with a mixed-income community that resembles a traditional New Orleans neighborhood.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
demolition company, developer, explosive engineering, owner