First Canadian Place
Structure in General
- The Bank of Montreal logos atop each side were updated in September 2004.
- There are 600 tons of Italian white marble on each floor.
- Tallest building in Canada since 1975.
- Tallest highrise in the British Commonwealth from 1975 until the completion of Malaysia's Petronas Towers in 1998.
- The main entrance lobby is clad in marble and has 23-foot high ceilings lit by Italian crystal chandeliers.
- First Canadian Place is the focal point of the country's busiest business and financial district.
- When completed First Canadian Place was the tallest high-rise in the world outside of New York and Chicago.
- Over 16 million people visit the building annually.
- In addition to being a Class AAA office complex FCP is also the largest unanchored retail centre in Toronto featuring 3 levels of over 120 stores, restaurants, and services.
- The building's environmental system is considered state-of-the-art, with a minimum of 20 controlled zones per floor and capacity for up to 66.
- The Bank of Montreal "M-bar" logo at the top of the building was the highest sign in the world from 1975 until overtaken by the sign atop CITIC Plaza in 1997.
- This building has often been listed at its main roof height, 289.9 m (951 feet) but the mechanical penthouse reaches a height of 978 feet.
- 10,000 people work in this building every weekday.
- In 2007, the building won the BOMA GO GREEN PLUS Environmental Recognition and Certification.
- In 2008, the building won the BOMA CDM Power Partner Recognition Award for Energy Conservation & Environmental Stewardship.
- In 2008, the building won the Maple Leaf “GOLD” Award for Marketing Excellence /Sales Promotion & Events for “Clothes Friends”.
- Winner of 2005 BOMA Award Certificate of Building Excellence - Building of the Year.
- The building has been recladded in 2012. Therefore, all 45,000 marble panels have been removed and replaced by 5,600 glass spandrel panels.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
consultant, developer, elevator engineering, engineering company, facade consultant, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, general contractor, mechanical engineering, owner, property management, steel supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings