Structure in general
- This 40 story building casts a 7 acre shadow across the city, which caused public outrage when it was completed. As a result, New York City passed the 1916 Zoning Resolution which aimed at restricting the height and bulk of buildings and assuring the penetration of light and air to the streets below.
- This structure was the last skyscraper to be constructed before building regulations were instituted in New York.
- Built to replace the first Equitable Building which burned down in 1912.
- Used by some 15,000 people daily, this was the world's largest office building at the time of completion.
- The principal designer was Peirce Anderson.
- Building features a subway entrance.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Owner, Property management, General contractor, Tenant, Elevator engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings