Structure in General
- In 2007, the Monument au Fantôme sculpture was relocated to Discovery Green and in the following year, the plaza was rebuilt to include trees, fountains & other landscaping elements.
- On 18 August 1983, Hurricane Alicia destroyed 75% of the north-facing windows, thanks in part to a wind tunnel generated by the skyscrapers along Louisiana Street.
- The building contains a bank securities department, convenience shops, a restaurant, and a small auditorium on the concourse level.
- The building is similar in cladding and form to the 555 California Street in San Francisco, which was designed by the same architects.
- This was the tallest building in Texas from 1980-1982; surpassed by 600 Travis Street in Houston.
- The building stands on the site formerly occupied by the Baptist Sanitarium & Hospital.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, elevator supplier, facade supplier, facility management, general contractor, landscape architect, MEP engineering, owner, property management, shell construction
Features & Amenities
- Pedway access is available
- Plaza is available to the public