Raymond-Commerce Building, Lefcourt-Newark Building, Federal Trust Bank Building, 1180 Raymond Boulevard
Structure in general
art deco / art moderne
- Vacant since 1986, 1180 Raymond Boulevard recently underwent a $110,000,000 conversion to residential and retail use.
- Earlier plans by Cogswell Realy to convert the building into student housing were not successful.
- A hallmark of the Newark skyline, the building is also noted for its outstanding Art Deco detail and ornamentation.
- Chief exterior materials are light tan brick and limestone.
- The five-story base features terra-cotta panels and metal spandrels decorated with geometric floral motifs.
- The letters "LN" - for Lefcourt Newark - can be seen above the third floor.
- The new apartments are the first unsubsidized rental units in downtown Newark since completion of the Colonnade Park Apartments and the Pavilion Apartments in 1960.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information