Raymond-Commerce Building, Lefcourt-Newark Building, Federal Trust Bank Building, 1180 Raymond Boulevard
Structure in General
- The five-story base features terra-cotta panels and metal spandrels decorated with geometric floral motifs.
- Earlier plans by Cogswell Realy to convert the building into student housing were not successful.
- A hallmark of the Newark skyline, the building is also noted for its outstanding Art Deco detail and ornamentation.
- Vacant since 1986, 1180 Raymond Boulevard recently underwent a $110,000,000 conversion to residential and retail use.
- The letters "LN" - for Lefcourt Newark - can be seen above the third floor.
- The new apartments are the first unsubsidized rental units in downtown Newark since completion of the Colonnade Park Apartments and the Pavilion Apartments in 1960.
- Chief exterior materials are light tan brick and limestone.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
1174-1182 Raymond Boulevard
11-21 Commerce Street
1180 Raymond Boulevard
Also recorded for this building:
owner, property management