Structure in general
- The carillon's largest bell weighs 5,060kg (11,156 pounds).
- The Duke Chapel was designed by Horace Trumbauer's chief designer, Julian Abele, the first well-known African-American architect.
- Its design combines the best features of several different styles of Gothic architecture.
- Chief materials are volcanic stone from the Duke quarries in Hillsborough, NC; Indiana limestone; and Guastavino tile on the 73-foot high nave ceiling.
- Important features include a 5,200-pipe organ, intricate stained-glass windows, and a 50-bell carillon.
- Duke Chapel was built in the style of Canterbury Cathedral.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information