Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
Structure in general
- This library was built through a unique collaboration between the City of San Jose and San Jose State University.
- The building has capacity for 2 million volumes.
- The Library is situated at the northwest corner of the San Jose State University campus.
- A large Redwood tree had to be cut down to make way for the new building, but the tree was milled into a veneer that was used to clad a set of columns inside the building.
- Largest library west of the Mississippi River to be built at one time, including the new Seattle Central Library and the new Minneapolis Central Library.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Fire protection engineering, Facade designer, Elevator consultant, Landscape architect, Acoustics consultant, General contractor, Developer, MEP engineering, Light engineering, Structural engineering, Civil engineering, Facility management