Conrad Indianapolis & Residences
Structure in General
- This proposal replaces the Artsgarden Tower project, which was canceled in September 2002.
- The Metropolitan Development Commission agreed to a financial package including site improvement costs on January 21, 2004.
- The building includes street level retail and 243 luxury hotel rooms topped by 18 residential condominiums. The neighboring Goodman Building, just to the east (at 30 West Washington Street), is being renovated into 26 apartments.
- This project received final approval from the Metropolitan Development Commission on March 19, 2003, after the developers agreed to use the locally-based Hunt Construction Group as the project's general contractor.
- It stands on the site formerly occupied by the Roosevelt Building, which was demolished in 1990.
- Site work began on April 14, 2004, with the hotel opening almost 2 years later, on March 23, 2006.
- The luxury Conrad brand is new to Indianapolis, where it will compete with the Le Meridien Indianapolis, just one block to the south, as the city's most exclusive hotel.
- The topping-off ceremony took place on June 16, 2005.
- Upon completion, this building contained the highest owner-occupied residences in the state of Indiana.
- The hotel entrance faces Washington Street and the residential entrance faces Illinois Street.
- The NCAA Men's Final Four Basketball tournament from April 1st-3rd, 2006 was the first major event hosted by the city after the hotel's opening.
- The building is connected by skyway to Circle Centre and the Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown through the Artsgarden.
- It was recognized in 2006 with the Monumental Award, representing the most significant visual and physical enhancement in Marion County.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, construction company, crane supplier (construction), developer, electrical contractor, excavation company, financing, formwork supplier, foundation company, general contractor, interior designer, property management, real estate agent, roof installation, shell construction, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- Balconies are available
- Doorman is available
- Exercise facility is available
- Skybridge link to next building
- Swimming pool is available