Conrad Chicago Hotel
Structure in General
- An atrium on the north side spanning Grand Avenue is the gateway to the North Bridge shopping and entertainment center. The atrium leads into a 4-story shopping arcade which curves through this building towards a Nordstrom's department store.
- The reconstructed façade nearly doubled construction expenses, and the developer claimed it would probably never happen again in the future of real estate. The feat was demanded by preservationists and City Hall, and was enabled by strong market conditions.
- This building is a reconstruction of the McGraw-Hill Building, which was demolished in 1998. The old building's original art deco façade was attached to an entirely new structure.
- The mall inside features a Lego Imagination Center with lego models of six Chicago skyscrapers: the Sears Tower, John Hancock Center, 333 North Michigan, LaSalle National Bank, the Marriott Hotel, and this building.
- In addition to the reconstructed art deco building facing Michigan Avenue, a more modern wing was built along Rush Street on the western part of the lot.
- The Conrad Chicago Hotel takes up 13 floors of the building, with 311 guest rooms (including 33 luxury suites).
- The fifth floor contains the Conrad Chicago Hotel's lobby as well as an outdoor terrace.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
acoustics consultant, developer, elevator supplier, facade consultant, facade designer, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, lighting consultant, MEP engineering, owner, property management, steel supplier, structural engineering