Structure in General
- Only the plaza level is accessible to the public. There is no observatory or open area on top.
- This is often regarded as the first "ecological skyscraper" in the world because of the new technology used for heating and cooling.
- A triangular glass-enclosed light well rises all the way through the building from the ground floor. This space opens onto the 9 garden atriums at the edges.
- A signal light on top of the mast brings the "tip height" to 300.10 meters. This extension is not counted in the architectural height of the building.
- This tower was built as an extension of Neue Mainzer Straße 32-36 (the old Commerzbank headquarters), which borders the tower.
- This was the tallest high-rise building in Europe from 1997 until 2003. It surpassed the previous tallest, MesseTurm, by 2 meters (7 feet).
- The lobby is decorated with three life-like human sculptures by artist J. Seward Johnson.
- In December 2003 the Triumph-Palace in Moscow overtook this building to become Europe's tallest high-rise building.
- A series of four-story garden atria are positioned around the perimeter of the building in a spiralling pattern, so that each office floor faces an atrium on one of the three sides.
- At night the building is illuminated in a changing yellow light scheme by artist Thomas Emde. The scheme is the winning result of a competition.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
electrical connections, general contractor, client, facade designer, facade maintenance system supplier, consultant, glass supplier, formwork supplier, excavation company, wind surveyor, foundation engineering, tenant, elevator supplier, project management, MEP engineering, structural engineering, electrical engineering, automatic door supplier, surveyor, lighting consultant, quantity surveyor, foundation company, steel supplier, fire protection engineering, facade supplier, elevator engineering, geotechnical engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Atrium is present
- Doorman is available
- Floodlighting at night
- Handicapped accessible
- Illuminated logo on the facade
- Structured cabling is installed