Structure in general
- This was the tallest high-rise building in Europe from 1997 until 2003. It surpassed the previous tallest, MesseTurm, by 2 meters (7 feet).
- In December 2003 the Triumph-Palace in Moscow overtook this building to become Europe's tallest high-rise building.
- A triangular glass-enclosed light well rises all the way through the building from the ground floor. This space opens onto the 9 garden atriums at the edges.
- This is often regarded as the first "ecological skyscraper" in the world because of the new technology used for heating and cooling.
- A series of four-story garden atria are positioned around the perimeter of the building in a spiralling pattern, so that each office floor faces an atrium on one of the three sides.
- A signal light on top of the mast brings the "tip height" to 300.10 meters. This extension is not counted in the architectural height of the building.
- Only the plaza level is accessible to the public. There is no observatory or open area on top.
- At night the building is illuminated in a changing yellow light scheme by artist Thomas Emde. The scheme is the winning result of a competition.
- This tower was built as an extension of Neue Mainzer Straße 32-36 (the old Commerzbank headquarters), which borders the tower.
- The lobby is decorated with three life-like human sculptures by artist J. Seward Johnson.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
General contractor, Structural engineering, Project management, Excavation company, MEP engineering, Electrical engineering, Facade designer, Fire protection engineering, Surveyor, Client, Tenant, Steel supplier, Facade supplier, Consultancy, Elevator engineering, Elevator supplier, Formwork supplier, Geotechnical engineering, Light engineering, Foundation company, Electrical connections, Quantity surveyor, Automatic door supplier, Glass supplier, Wind surveyor, Facade maintenance system supplier, Foundation engineer
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Atrium is present
- Doorman is available
- Floodlighting at night
- Handicapped accessible
- Illuminated logo on the facade
- Structured cabling is installed