State Mutual Building
Structure in General
beaux-arts / historism
- Worcester’s first "skyscraper, " the Commerce Building is a steel frame structure faced with dressed white marble.
- It was designed in a Renaissance Revival style.
- The facade is enlivened with imaginative details and carvings such as lions heads, angels, Native Americans, shields, and garlands of fruit.
- Fire Insurance maps indicate a height of 135' to the main roof (excluding penthouse).
- It is adjacent to and interconnected with 9 Walnut Street.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information