Structure in General
- Originally proposed at 746 feet/50 floors, the developers increased the height in January 2004.
- A vacant lot for many years, the Sheraton Penn Center Hotel formerly stood on this site.
- Originally designed with a golden Kasota stone as an homage to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the latest Comcast design has scrapped stone altogether in favor of a glass curtain wall.
- A new, grand entrance to Suburban Station (serving commuter rail and two subway lines) is incorporated into the design of the main public plaza.
- This is the tallest building in Philadelphia, eclipsing One Liberty Place.
- Comcast Corporation, the world's largest cable television provider, announced on 3 January 2005 that they had signed a 15 1/2 year lease in what had previously been called One Pennsylvania Plaza, thus earning naming rights for the tower.
- The building's crown is lit at night with a dramatic exterior scheme built into the structure.
- Approximately 4,500 temporary jobs will be created for construction.
- This building surpassed Cleveland's Key Tower as the tallest building between New York and Chicago.
- The building contains the world's largest tuned liquid column damper.
- Floor heights measure 15 (floor-to-floor) and 11 feet (floor-to-ceiling) for levels 3 to 42, increasing to 17 and 13 feet for floors 43 to 57.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
electrical connections, general contractor, facade maintenance system supplier, acoustics consultant, glass supplier, civil engineering, formwork supplier, wind surveyor, communications engineering, developer, foundation engineering, owner, crane supplier (construction), elevator supplier, project management, facade installation, MEP engineering, structural engineering, landscape architect, building physics, lighting consultant, damper consultant, steel supplier, construction company, shell construction
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Tuned mass damper is installed