Canadian National Tower
Structure in general
observation radio transmission tv transmission
- The revolving restaurant makes a complete rotation once every 72 minutes.
- The elevators travel at a speed of 20 ft (6 m) per second, reaching the Skypod in just under one minute (58 seconds).
- Construction of the CN Tower cost CAD$63 million.
- The precise height of the tower is 1,815 feet and 5 inches.
- For all of its 553 meters, the shaft penetrates only 6 meters into a total 15 meter foundation.
- World's tallest self-supporting structure from April 2, 1975 when it overtook the Ostankino Tower until 2007 when it will be overtaken by Burj Khalifa.
- The world's tallest slip-form structure began cement pouring on February 12, 1973 and finished on April 2, 1975.
- The Concourse level houses the Maple Leaf Cinema, the Edge Arcade, and the 12,500 square foot Marketplace souvenir shop.
- The tower consists of 40,522 cubic meters of concrete, 129 km of post-tensioned steel, and 5,080 metric tons of reinforcing steel. The tower is estimated to weigh 132,080 metric tons.
- The initial proposal for the project consisted of 3 towers linked by elevated bridges.
- The SkyPod consists of three levels: at 342 m (1,122 ft) is an outdoor observation deck and an indoor portion with a glass floor, at 346 m (1,136 ft.) is "Horizons Café" and another indoor observation deck, and at 351 m (1,150 ft) is a revolving restaurant named "360".
- The tower is comprised of two main observation decks: the lower and larger SkyPod at 1,150 ft (351 m), and the higher but smaller Space Deck at 1,465 ft (447 m).
- The CN Tower has UHF, VHF, Microwave, TV and fixed mobile communications facilities.
- The Space Deck was once the world's highest public observation deck.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
301 Front Street West
Also recorded for this building:
Property management, Elevator supplier, Shell construction, Structural engineering, Developer, Steel supplier, Owner
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Observation deck on roof
- Observation floor is available
- Panoramic elevators are present
- Revolving floor is present