Structure in General
- The revolving restaurant makes a complete rotation once every 72 minutes.
- The elevators travel at a speed of 20 ft (6 m) per second, reaching the Skypod in just under one minute (58 seconds).
- Construction of the CN Tower cost CAD$63 million.
- The precise height of the tower is 1,815 feet and 5 inches.
- For all of its 553 meters, the shaft penetrates only 6 meters into a total 15 meter foundation.
- World's tallest self-supporting structure from April 2, 1975 when it overtook the Ostankino Tower until 2007 when it will be overtaken by Burj Khalifa.
- The world's tallest slip-form structure began cement pouring on February 12, 1973 and finished on April 2, 1975.
- The Concourse level houses the Maple Leaf Cinema, the Edge Arcade, and the 12,500 square foot Marketplace souvenir shop.
- The tower consists of 40,522 cubic meters of concrete, 129 km of post-tensioned steel, and 5,080 metric tons of reinforcing steel. The tower is estimated to weigh 132,080 metric tons.
- The initial proposal for the project consisted of 3 towers linked by elevated bridges.
- The SkyPod consists of three levels: at 342 m (1,122 ft) is an outdoor observation deck and an indoor portion with a glass floor, at 346 m (1,136 ft.) is "Horizons Café" and another indoor observation deck, and at 351 m (1,150 ft) is a revolving restaurant named "360".
- The tower is comprised of two main observation decks: the lower and larger SkyPod at 1,150 ft (351 m), and the higher but smaller Space Deck at 1,465 ft (447 m).
- The CN Tower has UHF, VHF, Microwave, TV and fixed mobile communications facilities.
- The Space Deck was once the world's highest public observation deck.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, elevator supplier, owner, property management, shell construction, steel supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Observation deck on roof
- Observation floor is available
- Panoramic elevators are present
- Revolving floor is present