C.I.S. Solar Tower
Structure in General
- The services core was originally clad with around 14 million one centimetre square grey tessarae which, due to a lack of expansion joints and adhesion failure had begun to fall off.
- The exterior is of glass, aluminium and black enamelled steel.
- The interior was designed by Sir Misha Black, co-founder of the Design Research Unit.
- The tower was heavily influenced by skyscraper architecture in America (particularly the Inland Steel Building in Chicago).
- Completed in 2006, the services tower was clad with 7,244 80 Watt photovoltaic modules.
- The building has Europe's largest commercial solar façade and is one of Britain's largest solar power systems.
- CIS Solar Tower was activated by Prime Minister Tony Blair.
- The building is Grade II Listed.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
facade maintenance system supplier, general contractor, interior designer, solar technology supplier
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- National landmark
- Solar panels are installed