Cheung Kong Centre
Structure in General
- At night the building is illuminated by a computer-controlled fibre optic lighting system.
- The top floor is a private residence of Li Ka-Shing, the richest man in Hong Kong and chairman of developer Cheung Kong Holdings and is the only residential part of the building.
- The elevators are equipped with plasma LCD television screens featuring the latest international and local financial news.
- Locally the building is popularly called 2QRC.
- On 11 June 2005, French skyscraper climber Alain Robert climbed the facade of this building bare-handed in about one hour. He called the climb "a five" on a scale of 1-10 in terms of difficulty.
- Cheung Kong Center replaced a Hilton Hotel on this site.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, consultant, developer, elevator supplier, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, fire protection engineering, landscape architect, lighting consultant, mechanical engineering, project management, quantity surveyor, real estate agent, structural engineering, tenant