Chateau Laurier - The Château Laurier and the Rideau Canal Locks. (View of the rear of Château Laurier.)
Chateau Laurier - From the Peace Tower to the west
Chateau Laurier - View from Sussex Drive, facing south
Chateau Laurier - The entrance to the Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography, located directly adjacent to the Chateau Laurier
Fairmont Château Laurier
Structure in General
Majestically situated between Parliament Hill, the Ottawa River and the Rideau Canal, and the open-air Byward Market.
Commissioned in 1907 by American-born Charles Melville Hays, General Manager of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway of Canada.
Fairmont Château Laurier was opened by its namesake, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, on June 12, 1912.
Built in the French Renaissance style using granite blocks for the base, buff Indiana limestone for the walls and copper for the roof.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?
1 Rideau Street
Recorded for this building:
elevator consultant, owner, tenant
Features & Amenities
One of the city's famous buildings