Centre Point Tower
Structure in general
- The construction cost was £5.5m.
- On completion, Centre Point proved unpopular and remained unlet for twelve years.
- The tower is constructed from pre-cast concrete sections and at the time was the world's tallest pre-cast concrete office building.
- As part of a renovation programme, the base of the tower has been wrapped in a glass envelope to provide a modern reception area and improved access.
- Centre Point was one of London's first tall buildings to be built on large diameter deep piles.
- The building is Grade II Listed.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark