Burj Al Arab
Structure in General
- This is the tallest operating hotel building in the world (not counting mixed-use buildings like Jin Mao Tower in Shanghai or the unfinished Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea).
- All of the hotel's 202 rooms are two-storey suites, ranging in size from 170 square metres (1,830 square feet) to 780 square metres (8,396 square feet).
- The atrium is 180 metres high, one of the tallest in the world.
- The Al Muntaha restaurant is located 200 metres above the Persian Gulf, offering great views of Dubai. It is accessed by a panoramic elevator.
- The hotel features a total of eight restaurants and bars.
- The building's design is influenced by the profile of an Arabian sailing ship.
- The building's external lighting schemes, from white light to a multicolored one, change from one to another every 30 minutes expressing the evening's progress.
- Burj Al Arab is the world's tallest structure with a membrane facade.
- A 24 meter (79 feet) wide helipad projects from the building 210 meters above the ground.
- "Burj" is Arabic for "Tower".
- The "Assawan Spa" is situated on the 18th floor.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, construction company, consultant, door installation, elevator supplier, escalator supplier, facade engineering, facade maintenance system installation, facade supplier, fire protection engineering, formwork supplier, foundation company, interior designer, interior fit-out, internal wall supplier, landscape architect, lighting consultant, MEP engineering, owner, project management, shell construction, steel supplier, structural engineering, tenant, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- National landmark
- Helipad is available