Structure in general
- The centerpiece of the project is a 6-story canoidal (sloping ellipse) skylight between the two podiums.
- The site is a full block bordered by Third and Lexington Avenues on the east and west, and by 59th and 58th Streets on the north and south.
- The complex consists of a condominium tower on a 9-story base of offices, with an 8-story office/retail wing to the west. Both the low-rise and high-rise sections have backlit mechanical screenwalls.
- The security guards are supposedly trained to tackle anyone who attempts climbing the horizontal metal rims that rise from the street level up the tower and the annex.
- Wind-induced structural movement is countered by a dual-mass supplementary damping system.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
MEP engineering, Structural engineering, Property management, General contractor, Facade installation, Consultancy, Tenant, Steel supplier, Elevator supplier, Glass supplier, Owner, Wind surveyor, Damper consultant, Facade consultant, Plumbing contractor, Facade maintenance system supplier, Shell construction, Crane supplier (construction)
Features & Amenities
- Tuned mass damper is installed