BG Group Place
Structure in General
- The building's 9-foot thick foundation required a mat pour that involved 12,000 cubic yards of concrete poured over the span of approximately 18 hours.
- A distinctive feature of the building is a setback portion of the 39th-43rd floors facing southeast, which will feature an outdoor garden and meeting area on the 39th floor.
- The roof and mechanical penthouse will be concealed behind a two-story parapet that is consistent with the design of the rest of the building.
- This building required the demolition of Montagu Hotel and The New West Building, though the Stowers Building was preserved.
- MainPlace was initially pre-certified as a LEED-Silver project, and upon completion received pre-certification for Platinum status. This is the first such classification for any skyscraper in Texas.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
architectural model making, civil engineering, concrete supplier, consultant, crane rental, crane supplier (construction), developer, elevator supplier, financing, formwork supplier, general contractor, landscape architect, owner, shell construction, structural engineering, window installation