Structure in general
- Beetham Organization submitted a planning application to Manchester City Council in July 2003 for 17,186sq m (185,000sq ft) of residential space, a 21,375sq m (230,000sq ft) hotel and 6,506 sq m (70,000sq ft) of office space. Consent was granted at the end of October 2003.
- This is the tallest mixed-use building in the United Kingdom, with the highest residential living space in the country and one of the highest in Europe.
- The tower, which is also the tallest building in the UK outside of London, combines residential apartments, office space and a five star hotel.
- The tower features a 285-key, five star hotel run by Hilton International, including a destination 'sky bar' on the 23rd floor, offering magnificent views across Manchester and beyond to Snowdonia.
- The development features a striking, slender glass tower -- the tallest structure in the city centre at 157 m with a glass 'blade' increasing the overall height of the building to 169 m.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Formwork supplier, Structural engineering, Consultancy, Tenant, Facade engineering, Developer, Interior designer, General contractor, Light engineering, Elevator supplier, Facade installation, Planning consultant, Scaffolding, Hoist supplier (construction), Bathroom furnishings