Bancroft Hotel, Sheraton Hotel
Structure in General
beaux-arts / historism
- The Bancroft Hotel was one of the leading hotels in Worcester.
- The Renaissance Revival style building is faced with brick on the upper floors and trimmed with terra cotta blocks along the corners. At the base are granite and marble.
- Ape-like faces can be found on all asides and especially at each of the upper corners.
- The Sheraton chain bought the building in 1942, but changed the name back to the Bancroft in 1955. The building was converted to commercial and apartment use in 1964.
- Fire Insurance maps indicate a height of 118' to the main roof (excluding penhouse).
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
40-50 Franklin Street
1-19 Portland Street
50 Franklin Street
Also recorded for this building:
Features & Amenities
- National landmark
- Exercise facility is available
- Laundry room is available