Structure in General
- This building is headquarters of AXA Financial.
- The facade is of brown granite in a gridiron pattern with a white background.
- The tower rises to the height of 228.5 m through two setbacks, indicated by recessed bays on the facade. The plain top has only vertical striping in addition to the arched windows of the Equitable boardroom at the ends.
- In 1986 Roy Liechtenstein enhanced the vast, skylighted entrance atrium with his large (22.3 x 10.8 m) Mural with Blue Brushstroke.
- Included within the 142,660 m² state-of-art building is a 100-seat auditorium, a fitness club and several restaurants as an effort to attract tenants to this then professionally unfashionable part of Midtown.
- The building is connected to the extensive Rockefeller Center underground concourse, and a renovation was undertaken in the eastern Equitable building on the Sixth Avenue side.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
781-799 7th Avenue
787 7th Avenue
New York City
Also recorded for this building:
fire protection engineering, structural engineering, general contractor, facade designer, electrical engineering, tenant, facade maintenance system supplier, owner