Structure in General
- This building is headquarters of AXA Financial.
- The facade is of brown granite in a gridiron pattern with a white background.
- The tower rises to the height of 228.5 m through two setbacks, indicated by recessed bays on the facade. The plain top has only vertical striping in addition to the arched windows of the Equitable boardroom at the ends.
- In 1986 Roy Liechtenstein enhanced the vast, skylighted entrance atrium with his large (22.3 x 10.8 m) Mural with Blue Brushstroke.
- Included within the 142,660 m² state-of-art building is a 100-seat auditorium, a fitness club and several restaurants as an effort to attract tenants to this then professionally unfashionable part of Midtown.
- The building is connected to the extensive Rockefeller Center underground concourse, and a renovation was undertaken in the eastern Equitable building on the Sixth Avenue side.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
electrical engineering, facade designer, facade maintenance system supplier, fire protection engineering, general contractor, owner, structural engineering, tenant