Structure in General
- The building has an unusual geometric shape where not one panel was parallel to any grid.
- Purchase transaction completed January 2001 for $485 million.
- The curved and twisted shape of east façade is aimed to correspond spatially with Sydney Opera House.
- The east façade bulges out slightly from its base, reaching its maximum width at the top floors.
- Aurora Place was the winner of prestigious 2002 Property Council of Australia Rider Hunt Award, handled out for technical and financial qualities.
- The exterior glass curtain-wall extends beyond the main frame, creating an illusion of its independence.
- The assumptions of a planned tower were first presented to the Central Sydney Planning Committee in 1996, when three main architecs: Mark Carroll, Shunji Ishida and Renzo Piano put forward the innovative project.
- The steel spire attached to north facade is 75m in length.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
general contractor, structural engineering, landscape architect, facade maintenance system supplier, acoustics consultant, glass supplier, real estate agent, civil engineering, quantity surveyor, traffic consultant, facade engineering, wind surveyor, facade supplier, developer, elevator supplier, window installation, project management, MEP engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings