Aurora 420 Queen Street
Structure in General
- Aurora Tower, once completed, will in fact now be Brisbane's tallest tower. It will surpass Riparian Plaza by a mere 4m.
- Planned to be Brisbane's tallest residential tower. At 67 levels this project is set to become a new landmark on the rapidly changing Brisbane skyline.
- The development will bring to life a site that has been left dormant for the last ten years and integrate the remaining heritage-listed facade into the new streetscape.
- Consideration has been taken into the planning to create a structure, while tall, will be quite slender. View corridors have been optimised around adjoining sites to ensure that all apartments will capture the elements of inner city living.
- Public spaces at ground level have been designed to respect the corner positioning to the site creating a 5.5m high free flowing foyer space with two primary entry points.
- Materials and detailing will respect the adjoining heritage-listed facade of the former Queensland Country Life Building. Apartments in the heritage facade will have their own street entrance and unique feel.
- The Podium Level will contain a dedicated area for relaxation and entertainment – with a 30m lap pool, gym and aerobics facilities, residents bar and cinema and an extensive landscaped entertainment area.
- Will feature "platinum residences", 2 storey glass enclosed sky apartments with unobstructed views of the city and beyond.
- Will be the first residential project in Australia to use iris-recognition technology, making the tower extremely secure.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
420 Queen Street
420 Queen Street
Emporis Skyscraper Award Year 2006
Also recorded for this building:
client, developer, elevator supplier, project management, wind surveyor