Structure in general
- Tallest building in Glenelg.
- This building is the only cylindrical high-rise in South Australia.
- During the 1970's, there was a proposal to turn the building into a casino.
- The tallest building in South Australia outside of Adelaide's CBD.
- Adelaide’s tallest residential building from 1973 to 2001.
- This is one of the rare tower buildings in Australia topped with a revolving restaurant.
- The developers went bankrupt in 1972, and for 8 years this building lay as an unfinished shell until it was finally completed in 1980.
- Every tower in the failed development was intended to have a helipad on the roof, as the project intended to have a fleet of helicopters to ferry residents to the city and the airport.
- This project was designed to house up to 1200 people in four cylindrical towers including this building as well as a 16, 18 and 22 level towers which were never built.
- This building was intended to be the first stage of a $12 million project of 4 cylindrical towers of 14, 16, 18 and 22 levels, which had designed to create a mini-city bounded by Anzac Highway, Nile Street and Sussex Street.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information