707 Wilshire Tower
Structure in General
- May 4, 1988 a fire on the 12th floor ended in one person dead and 40 injured with five floors destroyed.
- Tallest building in the United States west of the Mississippi River from 1974-1982; surpassed by 600 Travis Street in Houston.
- The construction of this building was unique, since it was constructed in time and under budget.
- With the construction of this building, the banking area of the city of Los Angeles was moving from the famous Spring Street for the first time in history.
- Several records were set when the building was constructed: for example the highest continuous poured volume of concrete during setup of the foundations.
- The building has an extra garage, which is located on 637 Wilshire Boulevard and which is connected through a tunnel to the garage under the tower.
- The building has a center core, where elevators and stairs are located.
- Each regular floor has a net floor area of about 17 500 square feet (1626 m²).
- On floors 4, 5, 22, 42, 61 and 62 mechanical rooms are located.
- The 6th floor is completely occupied by an employee cafeteria, while a kitchen is located on the 60th floor.
- Three stair shafts are located in the building.
- The extra parking garage, which is a three level basement concrete structure, has a capacity of 579 cars, while the garage under the tower can store 243 cars.
- The California Club formerly occupied the southern part of this site.
- Tallest in Los Angeles until the completion of US Bank Tower in 1989.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
701-727 Wilshire Boulevard
707 Wilshire Boulevard
Also recorded for this building:
facade maintenance system supplier, owner, parking management, property management, real estate agent
Features & Amenities
- Helipad is available