1177 Avenue of the Americas
Structure in General
- Construction was halted in December 1989 and resumed in February 1991.
- Americas Tower is located minutes from the transportation trifecta of Grand Central Terminal, Pennsylvania Station and Port Authority.
- The sophisticated 49-story tower incorporates horizontal setbacks, a tapered spire and a beautiful colonnade cascading from its five-story pinnacle to the second floor.
- The interior visual effect is equally breathtaking. The lobby is a spare, sleek, five-story affair complete with dramatic lighting fixtures and illustrations of the building etched on the elevator doors. Revolving art exhibits add interest and refinement to the spacious lobby.
- Characterized by the glossy pink flamed and polished granite adorning the façade, planters, sidewalks and lobby, Americas Tower's impeccable physical framework showcases the multitude of corporate amenities found within.
- The tower's style adopts a lot from the Art Deco of 1920's-1930's.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
1161-1177 6th Avenue
1177 6th Avenue at West 45th Street, NW Corner to West 46th Street
New York City
Also recorded for this building:
structural engineering, general contractor, developer, tenant, owner, property management