1177 Avenue of the Americas
Structure in general
- Construction was halted in December 1989 and resumed in February 1991.
- Americas Tower is located minutes from the transportation trifecta of Grand Central Terminal, Pennsylvania Station and Port Authority.
- The sophisticated 49-story tower incorporates horizontal setbacks, a tapered spire and a beautiful colonnade cascading from its five-story pinnacle to the second floor.
- The interior visual effect is equally breathtaking. The lobby is a spare, sleek, five-story affair complete with dramatic lighting fixtures and illustrations of the building etched on the elevator doors. Revolving art exhibits add interest and refinement to the spacious lobby.
- Characterized by the glossy pink flamed and polished granite adorning the façade, planters, sidewalks and lobby, Americas Tower's impeccable physical framework showcases the multitude of corporate amenities found within.
- The tower's style adopts a lot from the Art Deco of 1920's-1930's.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
1161 6th Avenue
1177 6th Avenue at West 45th Street, NW Corner to West 46th Street
Also recorded for this building:
Structural engineering, Owner, Property management, General contractor, Tenant, Developer