Structure in General
- Tallest building in Iowa.
- While still on the drawing board the idea of a new projected tower was to provide high-quality office space as well as an attractive addittion to the city's skyline, complementing the urban fabric of Des Moines' CBD.
- The three lower floors housing retail space, with the top one being connected to the city skywalk system, and a private restaurant on the top two floors were designed following the investment requirements.
- The top half of the tower features a series of terraces and setbacks to visually decrease the building's impact on the city skyline.
- 801 Grand Avenue is topped by eight-sided pyramid, which being clad with copper provides a unique sign of the tower.
- It was named one of the 50 Most Significant Iowa Buildings of the 20th Century by the Iowa chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, electrical contractor, electrical engineering, general contractor, mechanical systems installation, property management